Why Assistance Program Services
It’s pretty simple – at some point all of us experience personal problems and, collectively, this can have a significant impact on organizations (no matter the size or industry).
When it comes to emotional health, organizations across the country have embraced Assistance Program services and do so for a variety of reasons:
- Financially Driven – Preventive assistance program services can help to avoid costly healthcare claims and keep premium costs in check.
- Improve Productivity/Presenteeism - Individuals benefiting from services can focus on the work at hand.
- Reduce Absenteeism - Providing assistance in dealing with issues before the become bigger, more disruptive, problems.
- Enhance Benefits Package – Valuable organizational offerings that help attract and retain top talent.
- Company Culture / Social Responsibility – Personal assistance program benefits illustrate the organization's message that “We care about you.”
- All of the above.
No matter the reason(s), implementing a proven, high-quality Assistance Program can have a tremendous impact on the lives of your associates and, ultimately, the organization’s bottom line. It's a win-win.
A meta-analysis of research studies, conducted by the U.S. Department of Human Services concluded that “for every dollar spent on an EAP, employers save between $5 and $16 per employee.”